Friday, January 10, 2014

Abaniko Fan




         Abaniko refers to a certain handy fan originated in the Philippines. During the Spanish era, this abaniko fans usually use and paired with baro't saya as the lady's attire. In this modern times, the use of abaniko fans in the Philippines remains and to some countries. As being a Filipino, I also treasure this abaniko fan as part of our national heritage. Sometimes, I use this abaniko fan during severe sunny season and naturally ease-up from the sun's heat.

10 comments:

  1. Thanks for the nice words, there are interesting things with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i like it better than the other fans we have around. first, it is not heavy, it is not ornamented and it is really very useful. thanks for the comment on my blog. i wish i could follow your blog but i can't find GFC anywhere.. :(

    kimmy came here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, this one is quite handy and also shows our cultural heritage...Ok, I find sometime to place GFC here...

      Delete
  3. I remember my Lola when I see the abaniko. She used to fan me during my siesta using one whenever I visit the province.

    ReplyDelete
  4. similar to Malaysia's which made from bamboo and some leave (which we call Mengkuang) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to know that..For sure every country have their own heritage in fan creation....unique from the other nation...want also to try your fan...thanks for visiting here....

      Delete
  5. Hi May, nice sharing. Miss this type of manual fan, we do have this kind of fan in Malaysia. Used to play with it when we were young. :))

    Have a nice week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice to know that..Anyways, we somehow share some common historical heritage with your country that we still preserved until now...Thanks for visiting here...

      Delete